This Policy applies to residents of the United States.
other than the United States, or to third-party Web sites to which Hormones & Me Web sites may
"Personal information" means information that identifies you or could reasonably be used to identify you and which is submitted to and/or collected by Hormones & Me Web sites and maintained by Hormones & Me in an accessible form. Examples of personal information include your name, your postal address and your telephone number.
How does Hormones & Me collect information online?
Hormones & Me collects information in two ways: Personal Information You Submit: Hormones & Me collects personal information that you enter into data fields on Hormones & Me Web sites. For example, you may submit your name, postal address, e-mail address, and/or other information in order to receive information about various subjects, register for Hormones & Me programs, contact Hormones & Me customer service, or respond to Hormones & Me surveys. To protect your privacy, you should not provide Hormones & Me with any information that is not specifically requested. Passive Collection of Unidentifiable Information: Hormones & Me Web sites may collect information about your visits to Hormones & Me Web sites without you actively submitting such information. Unidentifiable information may be collected using various technologies, such as cookies, Internet tags, and web beacons. Your Internet browser automatically transmits to Hormones & Me Web sites some of this unidentifiable information, such as the URL of the Web site you just visited and the browser version your computer is operating. Passive information collection technologies can make your use of Hormones & Me Web sites easier by allowing Hormones & Me to provide better service, customize sites based on consumer preferences, compile statistics, analyze trends, and otherwise administer and improve Hormones & Me Web sites. Certain features of Hormones & Me Web sites may not work without use of passive information collection technologies. Information collected by these technologies cannot be used to identity you without additional identifiable information.
In what circumstances might Hormones & Me collect and use personal information?
Hormones & Me will use the personal information you provide through Hormones & Me Web sites to respond to your questions and to provide you with efficient customer service. After you have entered personal information into a form or data field on an Hormones & Me Web site, Hormones & Me may use certain identifying technologies to allow that Web site to "remember" your personal preferences, such as sections of that Web site that you visit frequently and, if you choose, your user ID. We may also use this personal information for other business purposes, such as to offer you the opportunity to receive notices regarding Hormones & Me’s products or services, to invite you to participate in surveys about our products, or to notify you about special promotions.
Does Hormones & Me consolidate personal information?
Hormones & Me may consolidate the personal information of customers who use Hormones & Me Web sites. We use this information to help us better design Hormones & Me Web sites and Hormones & Me products, to communicate information to you, to enhance our marketing and research activities, and to facilitate other business functions.
What choices do I have about how Hormones & Me collects and uses personal information about me?
You may always limit the amount and type of personal information that Hormones & Me receives about you by choosing not to enter any personal information into forms or data fields on Hormones & Me Web sites. Some of our online services can only be provided to you if you provide us with appropriate personal information. Other parts of Hormones & Me Web sites may ask whether you wish to opt out or opt into our contact lists for offers, promotions and additional services that may be of interest to you. You may also be provided with preference questions or preference boxes allowing you to indicate that you do not want Hormones & Me Web sites to use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to "remember" your personal information, such as user IDs or mailing addresses, on return visits. However, Hormones & Me Web sites that use tracking technologies to collect unidentifiable information do not generally provide you with the ability to opt out of the tracking technologies. Some Internet browsers allow you to limit or disable the use of tracking technologies that collect unidentifiable information.
Who will have access to personal information about me?
Personal information can be accessed by a restricted number of Hormones & Me employees, by certain companies with which Hormones & Me may conduct joint programs, and by individuals and entities with whom Hormones & Me contracts to carry out business activities for Hormones & Me. We train our employees about the importance of privacy and how to handle and manage customer data appropriately and securely. Also, it is Hormones & Me’s practice to notify you if you are registering for a program which is conducted in conjunction with another company that may require access to your personal information. In addition, Hormones & Me’s practice is to require its contractors to keep your personal information confidential and to use personal information only to perform functions for Hormones & Me.
Does Hormones & Me share personal information with third parties?
As a general rule, Hormones & Me does not share your personal information with third parties, unless it is necessary to conduct a joint program or to carry out a program or activity through a contractor. Where required by law, Hormones & Me will not disclose your personal information to third parties for those third parties’ marketing purposes, unless you have been provided with an opportunity to opt into or opt out of this disclosure. However, if Hormones & Me sells one of its product lines or divisions, your personal information may be transferred to the buyer so that the buyer can continue to provide you with information and services. If Hormones & Me provides your personal information to individuals and entities which assist us with our business activities, it is Hormones & Me’s practice to require those individuals and entities to keep your personal information confidential and to use your personal information only to perform functions for Hormones & Me. Hormones & Me reserves the right to disclose your personal information to respond to authorized information requests from government authorities, to address national security situations, or when otherwise required by law.
How does Hormones & Me secure personal information?
How does Hormones & Me protect the privacy of children?
Hormones & Me does not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children (we define "children" as minors younger than 13 years old) on Hormones & Me Web sites. We do not knowingly allow children to order our products, communicate with us, or use any of our online services. If you are a parent and become aware that your child has provided us with information, please contact us using one of the methods specified below, and we will work with you to address this issue. How may I correct personal information or delete it from current customer records? You may request to remove your personal information from our current customer records or to amend your personal information. Please notify us of your wishes by contacting us in one of the ways specified below. For our record keeping purposes, we will retain certain personal information you submit in conjunction with commercial transactions.
How can I contact Hormones & Me?
If you have questions about the use, amendment, or deletion of personal information that you have provided to us, or if you would like to opt out of future communications from an Hormones & Me business or a particular Hormones & Me program, please contact us by clicking on the "Contact Us" link on the Web site you are visiting. Alternatively, you may send a letter to the address found in the “Contact Us” section. In all communications to Hormones & Me, please include the e–mail address used for registration (if applicable), the Web site address or the specific Hormones & Me program to which you provided personal information (e.g. Hormones & Me.com, Humira.com, etc.), and a detailed explanation of your request. If you would like to delete or amend your personal information and are contacting us by e-mail, please put "Deletion Request" or "Amendment Request", as applicable, in the subject line of the e-mail. We will do our best to respond to all reasonable requests in a timely manner.
How will I know whether Hormones & Me has updated this policy?
Receive an electronic or paper copy of your medical record
- You can ask to see or receive an electronic or paper copy of your medical record and other protected health information we have about you.
- We will provide a copy or a summary of your protected health information, usually within 30 days of your request. We may charge a reasonable, cost-based fee.
Ask us to correct your medical record
- You can ask us to correct protected health information about you that you think is incorrect or incomplete.
- We may decline your request, but we’ll tell you why in writing within 60 days.
Request how we communicate with you
- You can ask us to contact you in a specific way (for example, home or office phone) or to send mail to a different address.
- We will agree to all reasonable requests.
Ask us to limit what we use or share
- You can ask us not to use or share certain protected health information for treatment, payment or our operations.
- We are not required to agree to your request. For example, we may decline if it would affect your care.
- If you pay for a service or health care item out-of-pocket in full, you can ask us not to share that protected health information with your health insurer.
- We will agree unless a law requires us to share that protected health information.
Receive a list of those with whom we’ve shared information
- You can ask for a list (accounting) of the times we’ve shared your protected health information for six years prior to the date you ask, who we shared it with and why.
- We will include all the disclosures except for those about treatment, payment, health care operations, and certain other disclosures (such as any you authorized us to make). We’ll provide one accounting a year for free but will charge a reasonable, cost-based fee if you ask for another one within 12 months.
Receive a copy of this privacy notice
- You can ask for a paper copy of this notice at any time, even if you have agreed to receive the notice electronically. We will provide you with a paper copy promptly.
Choose someone to act for you
- If you have given someone medical power of attorney or if someone is you legal guardian, that person can exercise your rights and make choices about your protected health information.
- We will make sure the person has this authority and can act for you before we take any action.
File a complaint if you feel your rights are violated
- You can complain if you feel we have violated your rights by contacting our Privacy Officer at 512-608-WELL or firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights.
- We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.